Monumental inscriptions in the churchyard for the years 1614-1870 reside in the Cambridgeshire Archives. A register of graves exists for Mill Road cemetery 1849-1950. The monumental inscriptions for the churchyard are available, on microfiche, from the Cambridgeshire Family History Society Publications list (search)
"St. Edward's church, in St. Edward's passage, opposite to King's College, is an ancient building of stone in the Early English and later styles, consisting of chancel, with side chapels, nave, aisles and an embattled western tower containing 6 bells: there are several interesting monuments and 280 sittings, of which 10 are free. The register dates from the year 1557, and records the death of Elinor Bowman, 17 Aug. 1650, at the age of 112 years. The living is donative, net yearly value £64, in the gift of the Master and Fellows of Trinity Hall, and held since 1893 by the Rev. Frederick Watson D.D. of St. John' s College, Cambridge, hon. canon of Ely and examining chaplain to the Bishop of St. Alban's." [Kelly's Directory - 1900]
Cambridge St Edward: Records of baptisms 1796-1981, marriages 1754-1958, burials 1796-1956, and banns 1754-1968 reside in the Cambridgeshire Archives, earlier records are at present missing. The Bishop's Transcripts for the years 1600-40, 1662-66, 1712-1864 can be found in the Cambridge University Library. Indexed transcripts exist in the Cambridge Record Office for for baptisms 1558-1840, marriages 1559-1837 and burials 1558-1837.
Land Tax: records were compiled afresh each year and contain the names of owners and occupiers in each parish, but usually there is no address or place name. These records reside in the Cambridgeshire Archives for the years 1798 on microfilm, 1829-32, 1864-91 and 1916-1948.