TULLOWCRINE, a parish, in the barony of IDRONE-WEST, county of CARLOW, and province of LEINSTER, 5¼ miles (S. W.) from Carlow, on the road from Leighlin- bridge to Castlecomer, and on the river Barrow; containing 1348 inhabitants. It is an impropriate cure, in the diocese of Leighlin, forming part of the union of Old Leighlin: the rectory is appropriate to the Dean and Chapter. The tithes amount to £300 In the R.
C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Leighlin-bridge.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.