We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.


"LLANBEDRGOCH, a parochial chapelry in the hundred of Tyndaethwy, county Anglesey, 6 miles S.E. of Llanerchymedd, and 6 N.W. of Beaumaris, its post town. It is situated on the S.W. side of Red Wharfe Bay, where there is a small port communicating by a tram-road with the first named town. Limestone and marble are obtained here. The living is a curacy annexed to the district perpetual curacy of Pentraeth, in the parish of Llanddyvnan and diocese of Bangor. The church is dedicated to St. Peter." [From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]


  • Redknap, Mark. Further work at Glyn, Llanbedrgoch, Anglesey. Archaeology in Wales. Vol. 39 (1999), p. 56-61
  • Plan of choice freehold building sites situate in the Parish of Llanbedrgoch about midway between Pentraeth and Llanbedrgoch Railway Stations...In the County of Anglesey The Property of the Revd G.D. Hughes. c 1890

Business and Commerce Records

Cobbler and blacksmith account books 1877 - 1935 - details of extant records on the Archives Network Wales site
John Jones of Chwilog, CAE and Owen Lazarus of Llanbedr-goch, Anglesey -  the latter a blacksmith of Efail Newydd, Llanbedr-goch, 1877-1935. They contain details of customers, their personal names and place names together with information on work carried out. (Lazarus in Welsh)


Name Index to the 1851 Census of Llanbedrgoch provided by Joyce Hinde.

Church History

Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 11, North Wales. Ed. by Ieuan Gwynedd Jones, UWP,   1981. The names given towards the end of each entry are those of the informants.

Llanbedr-Goch Parochial Chapelry; Statistics; Area 3193 acres; Population 182 males, 207 females, total 369

  • Llanbedrgoch Parish Church or Chapel (attached to Pentraeth)       Attendance - morning 34 + 20 scholars, evening 49       "A National School being in the parish"       O G Williams, Incumbent
  • Glaisinfryn Chapel, Calvinistic Methodist     Erected before 1790       Attendance - morning 88 scholars, afternoon 160, evening 70         Henry Williams, Deacon, Tycroes
  • "Glasinfryn Methodist Chapel was built in 1794, rebuilt in 1853 and rebuilt again in 1892..........."    coflein
  • "Saron Methodist Chapel (Traethcoch) was built during the 1830's and rebuilt in 1884........."     coflein

Description and Travel

Llanbedrgoch  - on wicipedia (Welsh)

You can see pictures of Llanbedrgoch which are provided by:


Ask for a calculation of the distance from Llanbedrgoch to another place.

Click here for a list of nearby places.

Historical Geography

You can see the administrative areas in which Llanbedrgoch has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.


The Viking Age settlement at Llanbedrgoch - on the National Museum Wales site

Land and Property

Held at Anglesey Record Office (NRA);

  • Llanbedrgoch land tax;- 1753-1869: assessments
  • Llanbedrgoch Parish;- 1754-1987: records
  • Llanbedrgoch tithes;- 1924-36: Tithe Rent Charge account books
  • Llanbedrgoch window tax;- 1756-65: assessments