LEOMINSTER (or LYMINSTER) is a parish, in the Western division of the county, Poling hundred, East Preston incorporation, rape, county court district and rural deanery of Arundel, and diocese and archdeaconry of Chichester. The church of St. Mary Magdalene is very ancient, with square tower containing 6 bells. The register dates from 1556. The living is a vicarage, value £350, with residence, in the gift of the Bishop of London, and held by the Rev. Matthew Enraght, M.A., of Trinity College, Dublin. Here is a Free school for the children of the poor of the parishes of Leominster and Rustington, endowed by the late Mr. Wyatt, and confirmed by the liberality of the Penfold Wyatt family: the present trustees are Hugh C. Penfold, Esq., Captain Penfold, and Hugh P. Wyatt, Esq. The area is 3,230 acres, and the population in 1861 wan 801.
WARNING CAMP is a tithing of this parish, situated on the banks of the river Arun, about 2 miles from Leominster church. It contained in 1861 a population of 107, and the area is 919 acres.
CROSSBUSH, TODDINGTON, and WICK are hamlets of Leominster. [Kelly's Post Office Directory of Essex, Herts, Middlesex, Kent, Surrey and Sussex, 1867.]