"ASCOTS CHAPEL, an extra-parochial liberty in the hundred of Knightlow, in the county of Warwick, 3 miles from Southam."
"COMBE ABBEY, (or Combe Fields), an extra-parochial place in the hundred of Knightlow, in the county of Warwick, 5 miles E. of Coventry, and 1 mile N. of the Brandon railway station. The modern abbey, the seat of the Earl of Craven, is an elegant mansion, built on the site of one founded by Richard de Camville, for Cistercian monks, in the reign of Stephen, about 1150. There are still remains of the cloisters, consisting of Norman pillars and arches. The abbey, which by the liberality of the noble owner is open to public inspection, contains portraits of the Stuart family by Vandyck and Honthorst, and pictures by Rubens, Rembrandt, Lely, &c. Here is a meet for the Atherstone hounds."
"NO-MANS-HEATH, an extra parochial place in the Tamworth division of the hundred of Hemlingford, county Warwick, 2 miles S.W. of Appleby Magna. It is situated at the point where the counties of Warwick, Derby, Leicester, and Stafford touch."
"UPPER HODNET, (and Lower Hodnet) an extra parochial place in the Southam division of the hundred of Knightlow, county Warwick, 3 miles S. E. of Southam. Here was formerly a chapel dedicated to St. Helen, now in ruins.
"WILLS-PASTURES, an extra parochial liberty in the Southam division of Knightlow hundred, county Warwick, adjoining Lower Hodnet."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]