"INCHINNAN, parish on the Clyde, north-westward from the Cart, Renfrewshire. Its post town is Paisley. Its length is 3¼ miles; its greatest breadth 2¾ miles; its area 3330 acres. ..... Pop. 505. The surface is partly flat, partly diversified by diluvial rising-grounds, and all highly cultinated. The seats are Park and South Barr; and other objects of interest are the sites of Inchinnan Palace and North Barr baronial fortalice. The lands and the quondam palace belonged to successively the High Stewards of Scotland and the Earls of Lennox."
[From The Gazetteer of Scotland, by Rev. John Wilson, 1882.]