Scotland - Names Personal Tartans Topic Page
Books relating to the Names of Clans and their Tartans in Scotland:
- Authenticated tartans of the clans and families of Scotland Mauchline, W. and A. Smith : 1850 4 p.l., 161 p. lxix col. pl., map.
- Clan Boyd (of Scotland) Boyd, M. J. : Canberra, A.C.T., Australia : M.J. Boyd, 1989 1 v. (various foliations).
- Clans and Tartans (Collins Gem) (January 2005) : The histories of over 100 Scottish clans, together with full-colour illustrations of their tartans. This Collins Gem is being reissued in flexibinding, providing the durability of a hardback with the flexibility of a paperback.
- Clans and Tartans Charles MacLean, David McAllister : (March, 1997) This book is a thumb-nail sketch of the origins of some leading Highland clans, which includes anecdotes from each of their histories. The text is accompanied by colour illustrations of each clan's tartan.
- Collins Clans and Tartans Map of Scotland (January 2005) : One of the relaunched Collins Pictorial Map titles, illustrating Scotland's clans, tartans and family names. Over 140 clans are listed with illustrations of their tartans, cap badges and mottos, and plant badges.
- Scottish Clans and Tartans, Souvenir Guide Alastair Cunningham : (June 2003) This entertaining guide to Scotland's clans and tartans describes the origins of the clans, their hierarchies and customs, and tells of notable clans, clan chiefs and the kings of Scots.
- Scottish Clans and Tartans: A Fully Illustrated Guide to Over 140 Clans - Their History, Tartans and Much More : (March 2000) Neil Grant.
- Scottish Clans and Tartans Neil Grant : (March 2000) The origins of Scotland's clans and of their distinctive dress are wrapped in controversy. Yet their story can be traced back to the middle of the 5th Century and to Ireland where the Scots then lived.
- Scottish Tartans in Full Color James Grant : (April 1992).
- Scotland's forged tartans : an analytical study of the Vestiarium Scoticum Stewart, Donald C. (Donald Calder), 1893 : Edinburgh : P. Harris, 1980. 157 p., 12 p. of plates : ill.
- Tartans of Scotland James D. Scarlett : (April, 1997).
- The clans and tartans of Scotland Bain, Robert : 4th ed. London, Collins 1959 320 p. illus. (part col.) maps (on lining papers).
- The clans and tartans of Scotland Bain, Robert : 5th ed.enlarged and re-edited by Margaret O. MacDougall ; heraldic adviser P. E. Stewart-Blacker ; with a foreword by the Countess of Erroll. Glasgow : Collins, 1976. 320 p. : col. ill., coats of arms, col. maps (on lining papers).
- The clans and tartans of Scotland Bain, Robert : London, and Glasgow, New York etc. Collins 1938 2 p. l., 11-317, 2 p. illus. (part col.; incl. map).
- The clans and tartans of Scotland Bain, Robert : London, Collins 1954 320 p. illus. (part col.) port., col. maps (on lining papers) coats of arms.
- The clans and tartans of Scotland Bain, Robert : Rev. ed. London, New York, Collins 1949 316 p. col. illus., ports., map.
- The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Tartan Iain Zaczek : (May 2004).
- The guide to Scottish tartans : tartans and histories of Scotland's clans and families : with a unique Scottish-English dictionary and an index relating family and clan names to the tartans Scottish Tartans Society. : London : Shepheard-Walwyn, 1977. 64 p. : col. ill.
- The Scottish clans & their tartans : Edinburgh etc. W. & A. K. Johnston & G. W. Bacon etc. 18 v. col. illus., maps.
- The tartans of the Scottish clans Scarlett, James Desmond : Glasgow : Collins, 1975. 176 p. : ill. (some col).