GENUKI Home page    Genuki Contents GenUKI
Contents
    Bedfordshire Bedfordshire   NeighboursNearby places

ARLESEY

[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]

"ARLESEY, a parish in the hundred of Clifton, in the county of Bedford, 4 miles to the south east of Shefford. It is a station on the Great Northern railway, 5 miles from Hitchin; Baldock is its post town. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely, value with the rectory of Astwick, £420, in the patronage of James Curtis, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Peter, and contains several monuments, and a font with sculptures in several compartments. Arlsey was formerly a market-town. There is an ancient entrenchment at Etonbury, on the Baldock road. Arlsey House is the principal residence."

"CHURCH END, a village in the parish of Arlesey, county of Bedfordshire, 2½ miles north of Arlesey."

[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson 2003

Census

Churches

Church History

Church Records

Gazetteers

Military History

This page was originally generated by Martin Edwards in 2003 and maintained by him until 2009


This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.
If you have any suggestions for links to other sites that may be useful to other researchers, please use this User Links page
Web-page generated by "DB2html" data-base extraction software ©Colin Hinson 2014